IGT (International Game Technology) is known as one of the largest software suppliers for online casinos. Simultaneously, for online players, this name stands for an impeccable reputation and premium gaming. The provider's offices are located in many countries worldwide with headquarters in London.
Established in the 1970s of the 20th century, a small company has grown into the largest giant in the gambling field. It has over 12,000 employees, including engineers, sound engineers, designers, programmers, artists, and representatives of other professions, necessary to create gambling products. Thanks to its talented staff, the company produces network systems, games for online and social casinos, and mobile platforms.
The corporation's activities are carried out based on the Malta license. It is one more advantage of the company since it ensures compliance with rather strict legislation in this field. Besides, the provider has quality certificates for all its products. It means that all games are safe and fair.
The developer's production capacity is so high that it supplies about half of all slot machines in America. As for virtual products, more than a hundred operators from Europe, Asia, and the Middle East have now purchased the provider's software for their gambling platforms.
The Company’s History
The name of this company, first of all, is correlated with the American William Si Redd. An American businessman from Nevada saved up a small amount of money on his own, which he invested in a pinball machine. After making a deal with a small eatery owner, Redd installed his first machine there and began to profit from it. Having increased his financial turnover from this business, in 1975, he founded the company A-1 Supply (later renamed into Sircoma). However, in 1981 the company got its name familiar to most gamblers. In the same year, the provider's shares were listed on the American Stock Exchange.
The first significant deal took place in 1984. Then the company acquired the smaller Electronic Data Technologies. It is also worth noticing that this developer introduced unique functions for a computer storage system and a cash reward system for regular players.
In 1988, already under the guidance of John Russell, the company released the line of progressive slots Quartermania. The next step in the provider's development was the creation of interactive casino games. Over the following years, it continued to develop, open new departments, and improve its products.
In 2015, the supplier completed a deal with GTECH. According to this contract, GTECH acquired it, and the total amount of the agreement was $6,4 billion.
Why Are the Company's Slot Machines so Popular?
While gambling newcomers are interested in the secret of the company's popularity, experienced gamblers have long made their choice in its favor due to many important aspects:
- Cross-platform software. The software works on any operating system in Flash and HTML5 versions;
- The ability to customize the settings improves the quality of each game when using it on any device;
- Regular improvements of the provider’s games, adding bonus features, and increasing payouts;
- Variety of themes ranging from classic storylines to American TV shows;
- Multilingual games. The company’s gaming options are available in several language versions, making the gaming process even more exciting.
Continually improving its work and the tools it uses, the company's team lets players know that the best is yet to come. This is what the provider strives for.
Variety of the Company's Gaming Software
The diversity of the provider's gaming portfolio is one of its main strategies for developing the company. Products are divided into two types: for land-based casinos and online gambling clubs. The casino games are produced by a subsidiary company, creating various slot machines and lottery terminals.
The solutions for online casinos are much more diverse and include:
- Video slots are distinguished by generous bonus features, user-friendly interface, and continuous introduction of innovative technologies. The latest technical innovations from the company include 4D games. They provide a multi-sensory slot experience, and PowerSight technology allows gamblers to control gameplay elements with head and eye movements;
- The provider's card and table games are available in classic roulette, blackjack, and baccarat. At the same time, the developer introduced some unique features in them, making the gaming process even more impressive;
- Table games include various gaming options, such as Monopoly;
- Scratch cards are also available for fans of this type of gambling entertainment.
IGT is a famous company that continues to impress players and operators worldwide with its responsible approach to work and constant improvement of its products. According to gamblers on forums and specialized websites, each new gaming solution from this provider is included in the top-list of games.